Vaginismus is a very lonely condition. The stigma behind any sexual disorder is crushing but vaginismus is so misunderstood that women often feel like they are the only one who suffers this way. Fear of embarrassment keeps vaginismus locked in silence as women are often ashamed to tell anyone including relatives, best friends or even their doctor. Who would ever understand her when she says, “I can’t have sex?”
Vaginismus.com offers a free, private forum which is a safe place for women with vaginismus to ask questions of professional moderators while meeting women from all over the world who understand their condition. When women first come to our forum they respond much like this:
- I’m skeptical. Will this program really work?
- I’m really nervous about this.
- It seems like I’m the only woman in the world with this problem.
- Please help me! I need hope.
- I’m scared, excited, worried, hopeful. I don’t know how to feel!
- I’m desperately in need of guidance.
After they look through some of the posts in the forum their responses become more positive:
- It is very comforting to know other women feel the same way I do.
- I can’t believe someone else actually understands! I’m finally not alone.
- Reading about the success of other women gives me so much hope.
- I suffered in silence for too long. I wish I would have known about this sooner.
- I felt like I was in a foreign land and now I finally found people who speak my language.
- I’m so encouraged by what I’ve read here.
- Thank you so much for offering this support.
Although this is a self-help program, there is no need to go through treatment alone. Women from all over the world are willing to help educate and encourage you while providing much needed motivation for your journey. These women are at all stages of vaginismus treatment from those just joining the program to those who have already overcome this condition and now enjoy pain-free intercourse and lead exciting sex lives.
Within the Vaginismus.com forum it is ‘normal’ to have vaginismus. Can you imagine such a place? It does exist. As a moderator in the forum, I have been privileged to hear many stories of women as they start out very skeptical and then progress through the treatment until finally overcoming the foe of vaginismus. Women talk about their fears, hopes, pain, joys and triumphs as other women share with them and celebrate the victories great and small.
The forum is a unique place of hope and comfort designed to help women who need healing in a unique way. Hundreds of women have already found help through this free and informative service. We hope you will join us.
We wish you all the best, Kate Cardwell
Vaginismus.com Forum Moderator